Whether it’s for yourself or a gift for someone else, the IMAX annual pass is an unbeatable bargain at this time of year. Buy before December 31, 2011, and you get a year’s admission to IMAX for a person of any age for $46 plus taxes.
You don’t have to be good with math (thank goodness) to see what a deal you’re getting with the annual pass. Here are the regular admission prices for IMAX documentaries:
- Adult $11.76
- Senior $9.35
- Youth $9.35
- Student $10.19
- Child $5.38
Annual pass holders get unlimited access to regular, 45-minute IMAX documentary movies throughout the year. See every show multiple times if you want!
Note that the pass does NOT get you free admission to Hollywood feature films at IMAX, but it does give you a great discount. With a pass, you pay just $4 plus tax for these special shows.
There are other nice perks with the annual pass, too:
- 20% discount on tickets for your movie companion
- Free “upsizing” on your popcorn and pop from the IMAX concession
- 20% discount on admission to the Royal BC Museum
- 15% discount on regular-priced merchandise at the National Geographic Store
- E-mail invitations to free test screenings and IMAX special events.
The 2012 annual IMAX passes are available for purchase until December 31, 2011 only. You can buy them in person or online. Good news, too, for 2012; annual pass holders will be able to book for individual shows using the online ticketing system, including companion discounts and reduced fares for Hollywood films.
- National Geographic IMAX Theatre (www.imaxvictoria.com), 675 Belleville St., Victoria, BC
An IMAX annual pass can be a great solution for ”hard to buy for” people on your Christmas list. Who wouldn’t enjoy a year’s worth of National Geographic films on the giant IMAX screen?